We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with grand lake trip

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
340 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
help with grand lake trip

I will be arriving in denver then spending 2 days in kremmling for family matters . then heading to grand lake. we have rented a cabin and have 2 kids 13 and 18 . we have 5 1/2 days to explore. we are planning on going horseback riding 1 day , day 2 trail ridge road from grand lake to estes .what would be a good hike for a family of 4 we are in decent shape and want something nice but not too long.? when we get to estes are there other routes to take back to grand lake? Day 3 thinking of colorado rafting trip I understand this is mild trip is it worth it would the children enjoy it? does any one have any other suggestions? I undertand you can rent pantoons near grand lake has any one done this? thanksi n advance.

Grand Lake, Colorado
Level Contributor
603 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: help with grand lake trip

Hi!

Grand Lake is an awesome town, with a very local feel! So far what you have planned sounds great! I rented a pontoon boat years ago there, and it was great! I believe there are certain rates for however long you want to take the boat out, but this was 8 years ago, so i have no info on the rates. Hopefully someone else can answer your question about the hikes. I know there is one called bear lake that is short. Also in Grand Lake there is a small hike you can take to Adams Falls, which is a waterfall. It is only a quarter mile long hike, and beautiful. I hope you enjoy your time there, and make sure you eat at Poncho, and Leftys at the end of town! Yum-o!

What cabins are you staying in?

2. Re: help with grand lake trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 06:24