We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best airfare LAX to Denver

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Big Sur
Level Contributor
629 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
best airfare LAX to Denver

I need a flight from LAX to Denver in June. Right now the best prices are around $260 with taxes. I'm thinking I should hold off. I should be able to get something lower, right? Anyone know what is the best fare I can expect to get?

Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam Helicopter...
588 Reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Lake Mead Luxury...
371 Reviews
from US$299.99*
US$399.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Flight, Colorado...
126 Reviews
from US$469.99*
US$499.00
Discover Rocky Mountain National Park...
80 Reviews
from US$129.00*
Colorado
Level Contributor
12,159 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best airfare LAX to Denver

Frontier almost always has the best fares. We flew to LA last fall for around $200. But $260 is not bad considering that most fares have gone up because of oil prices. One thing you could do is go to Farecast.com. They will watch the fares for you and tell you when to buy. It has saved me money several times!

Westminster...
Level Contributor
240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: best airfare LAX to Denver

I agree $260 isn't a bad price. Depends if it's a red-eye flight or prime-time. Prime-time I would take it. I use kayak.com to search for my airfares as it searches all the places at once (except Southwest). United will likely have the best price (or be close) as you're going from hub-to-hub.

Colorado
Level Contributor
12,159 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best airfare LAX to Denver

Just for grins, I checked Farecast... they show Frontier fares of $179 - $199 in June. Of course, I don't know your dates but I thought I'd let you know.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Big Sur
Level Contributor
629 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best airfare LAX to Denver

Thank you so much. I'll check it out.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,866 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best airfare LAX to Denver

Also check with Southwest Airlines. They have some great deals via their Ding! program which you download and they notify you of discounts. Airfares range around $100 one way... but deals can be $60 one way!

www.southwest.com

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Big Sur
Level Contributor
629 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best airfare LAX to Denver

OK, I give up. How the heck do you use Farecaster.com? It is the most confusing site I've ever visited. I first read about it in the recent issue of Conde Nast Traveler, so I checked it out, and all I could find was a search engine that searched flights on multiple carriers just like Orbitz would. But just now I tried again since someone replied to this post saying Farecaser predicted low fares for my flight in June. But I can't find that info. It has fares through March but not up until June. How do I use that site?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
705 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best airfare LAX to Denver

Try Farecompare.com instead. I think you'll be able to see what you're looking for.

Colorado
Level Contributor
12,159 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best airfare LAX to Denver

One correction, it is Farecast.com not Farecaster.

I just sent you a PM. : )

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Big Sur
Level Contributor
629 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best airfare LAX to Denver

Babalax, thanks so much for the PM. Hershey, you're right. Farecompare was what I was looking for. I wasn't having trouble finding the lowest fares on various carriers; my question was how do I find out if I should take the lowest fare now or wait for fares to drop? I finally figured out that the problem on Farecast was that it only provides predictions 90 days out. (I went back to my Conde Nast Traveler magazine, and that's what it said.) But Farecompare does have predictions for June.

So thank you, everyone! I appreciate all the help and advice.

Colorado
Level Contributor
12,159 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best airfare LAX to Denver

You're welcome. I forgot about the 90 day window - sorry! Thanks to Hershey for the Farecompare site. Hadn't heard of it before.