We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stop and eat going from Mesa Verde to Moab, Ut?

New Boston, New...
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stop and eat going from Mesa Verde to Moab, Ut?

Any suggestions on where to eat between Mesa Verde and Moab, Ut?

In read the boards looks like there is nothing in Dolores and its recommended not to eat in Cortez.

Any other ideas. Just looking for a quick lunch bite nothing elaborate or fancy.

Thanks

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
148 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stop and eat going from Mesa Verde to Moab, Ut?

There's not much good in that neighborhood, to be sure. We like Nero's in Cortez, but it's been more than a year since we've visited there.

Maybe CasaAzul will wander in and have a good suggestion!

Golden, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stop and eat going from Mesa Verde to Moab, Ut?

not sure who recommended not to eat in Cortez, but I've never had a problem getting a meal there that was at least acceptable. Other than that, wait until you get to Moab. it's not that far. FYI, here is a list of restaurants for Monticello Utah www.go-utah.com/Monticello/Restaurants/

For a more scenic route to Moab, consider going north on hwy 141 to Naturita, then west via Paradox Valley to LaSalle Junction, then to Moab. However, there are less dining options this route, so eat up in Cortez!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,976 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stop and eat going from Mesa Verde to Moab, Ut?

It will not be that far from Mesa Verde to Moab, maybe at most 3 hours from inside MVNP. I have not dined in that area for a long time. I would get a picnic lunch and maybe stop near Monticello UT.

Have fun.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stop and eat going from Mesa Verde to Moab, Ut?

IR, maybe try this. Drive to Mancos first (short detour) and go the Absolute Bakery. Ask them food to go and do as Casa says, have a picnic somewhere, preferable inside Canyonland The Needles section. Picnic tables and all. I'm also curious about the person who said there's nothing in Cortez. In Monticello we had food at Grandma's Kitchen next to the Best Western. For a quick lunch....

Tet

New Boston, New...
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stop and eat going from Mesa Verde to Moab, Ut?

Like the idea of a picnic in Needles especially since we weren't planning on going there it may be a nice stop. It will probably realy be a dinner picnic -I think we will still be in Mesa Verde at lunch time.

I made my comment on Cortez from some posts I pulled up during a search. Hope I'm not offending anyone. It wasn't my intention.

Thanks as always for our assistance.

New Boston, New...
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stop and eat going from Mesa Verde to Moab, Ut?

Gosh I wish I could spell lately that's "your" assistance.

Have you been to the Absolute Bakery under the new ownership?

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stop and eat going from Mesa Verde to Moab, Ut?

Oh boy, we knew about this place back in 2005 and we drove through Mancos oct. 2007 last time but we did not enter, we already had breakfast in Cortez(!) and we were on our way to Bisti Badlands. NM with a filled cooler so I don't know about new owners.

Tet

8. Re: Where to stop and eat going from Mesa Verde to Moab, Ut?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 01:17