We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 days only - in July

Mount Sinai, New...
Level Contributor
48 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
6 days only - in July

My husband and I will be flying into Denver in mid-July. Hoping to see the best of Colorado which can be squeezed into this small framework. Any suggestions on itineraries would be much appreciated. ALSO, can can anyone suggest a "central location" resort or hotel to stay for the entire trip..from which to do "day- trips" by car to see the sites. Or, is this just not do-able??

Genesee, CO
Level Contributor
638 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 days only - in July

I think it is entirely possible to base yourself in Breckenridge or Aspen or Vail area or even Crested Butte for 5-6 days and get lots of side trips in.

From most of these places you could easily reach great hiking, rafting, fishing, scenic day drives, as well as good shopping/restaurants.

Probably not as much of the state as if you moved around the whole time. But could still get a great colorado experience in. And if you don't like to move around, than an even better experience for you!

Mount Sinai, New...
Level Contributor
48 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 days only - in July

Thank you for your prompt, helpful response! Would you be able to recommend any nice resorts or hotels in those areas??

Genesee, CO
Level Contributor
638 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 days only - in July

I am really not the best to ask about hotels/resorts to stay at, because we usually find ourselves only doing daytrips to these places :)

I have had friends stay at various places in the Winter (sonnenalp in vail, beaver creek resorts), but not so comfortable recommending summer places.

But I am sure someone can chime in! Although you might want to look at the various areas, so you can narrow it down to an exact area.

And of course check the reviews here! They usually are pretty spot on.

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,703 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 days only - in July

Check out some condos around lake Dillon in Frisco or Dillon. I would recommend Frisco over Dillon though. From Frisco you can easily jump on I-70 to any side trip for the day, or just hang out in town or on the lake (rent a boat/kayak). It is only a few minutes from Breck for a day of shopping. Frisco has lots of good eats and a cute little Main street, plus depending on when you come, there are many festivals along Main street. A lot of people have TA topics on Frisco try a search and see if it strikes your interest.

5. Re: 6 days only - in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 20:18