We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wildflowers of SW Colorado

madison, fl
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wildflowers of SW Colorado

My wife and I are thinking about visiting SW Colorado next summer. I would like to time our trip so that we can be in the Ouray area around the "ususal" peak period for wildflowers. From what I have read the "usual" peak period is around mid-July. If some of you local experts could focus me in on the "usual" peak I would greatly appreciate it.

Ridgway, Colorado
Level Contributor
23 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wildflowers of SW Colorado

Hi, I'll bet I just might be the best person to answer this question as I live in Ridgway, 10 miles north of Ouray and run the local visitor's center! Mid-to-late July is a wonderful time to view the wildflowers. They were very nice into August and Sept. this year as well. Depending on how high you go, the flowers peak at different times so it is hard to pin it down to any specific week or even month! Please feel free to call me here at the Visitor's Center for updates as we get closer to that time unless you need to firm up your travel plans now. 1-800-220-4959.

2. Re: Wildflowers of SW Colorado

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 03:15