We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fill in the blank

san antonio, tx
Level Contributor
17 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Fill in the blank

My wife and I are heading to Breckenridge for a while in the summer to get away from it all. Hey natives! Fill in the blank for us!

The one thing you HAVE to see/do in Colorado in the summer is _______________.

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,713 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fill in the blank

I think you will get more worthy info if you let us know more about your interests and where you plan on traveling.

I would suggest River Rafting and hiking as my two favorites - there is just so much. Check out this previous post...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28927-i252-k25474…

Ouray, Colorado
Level Contributor
629 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fill in the blank

The one thing you HAVE to see/do in Colorado in the summer is _______________.

Answer: Go to Ouray http://www.OurayColorado.com and see the wild flowers in Yankee Boy Basin during the latter part of July. Take your camera! You can hike, jeep, ride a mtn bike but get there...

Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
642 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fill in the blank

Take a drive over Trail Ridge Rd. through Rocky Mnt. National Park! Beautiful drive, beautiful views, wildlife, wildflowers, Colorado at its finest.

You could do this on your way out of town (I'm assuming you'll be heading to DIA to fly out) by driving from Breck to Grand Lake and then through the Park into Estes Park, which is on the other side of the Park.

Or, I would go to the Ouray/Silverton/Telluride area, it's very pretty down there!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,070 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fill in the blank

Visit Mesa Verde National Park

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,066 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fill in the blank

Yankee Boy Basin is gorgeous with the flowers.  Telluride is spectacular, completely circled by mountains.  It is my favorite town in CO, as far as beautiful scenery.  Hiking almost any where is beautiful. Mesa Verde is amazing.One thing not mentioned so far is the Million Dollar Highway that runs between Ouray and Silverton.

It is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! I have driven it at least a dozen times and never fail to be blown away by the beauty of it. This is the one thing I personally would say not to miss.

All of these things are in the southwest part of the state.

The Grand Mesa (more centrally located) is also very beautiful, hundreds of lakes.

6. Re: Fill in the blank

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2009, 06:18