We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go what to do

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
26 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go what to do

I want to take my son and his family (wife, 3yr old & 10 yr old)on a short trip (5 days) in July when he returns from Afghanistan. They live in Colorado Springs. I want to go somewhere no longer than a 4 hr drive. A place that is beautiful, has activities for the kids, something for adults. Hiking is out unless it is short and flat. I would appreciate any help or suggestions. I am assuming the ski resorts have stuff in the summer so I was thinking about that.

Pagosa Springs...
Destination Expert
for Durango, Pagosa Springs
Level Contributor
409 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go what to do

What a wonderful idea! A few options within 4 hours of Colo Springs:

Mt. Princeton / Buena Vista area (2 hours). The views from the upper pool are gorgeous! And, the water slide is a blast for all ages. They have nice cabins along the river and additional pools only available to lodging guests.

Glenwood Springs (4 hours) has an adventure park, zipline, vapor caves, hot springs with slide. Glenwood Canyon is beautiful.

Rocky Mountain National Park (2-3 hours) - Estes Park or Granby...

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,787 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go what to do

Also Pagosa Springs area is very nice and a bit over 4 hours. You can stop along the way at Great Sand Dunes NP.

www.visitpagosasprings.com/

www.wyndhampagosaresort.com

Breckenridge has all the resort stuff, plus great rec center with pools and is close to Frisco, Dillon Reservoir and plenty of things to do.

www.breckenridge.com

www.townofbreckenridge.com

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
10,681 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go what to do

Please thank your son for his service and I hope you have a great time!!

4. Re: Where to go what to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 23:18