We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

miami, florida
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants

Hi there,

I'm becoming obsessive about my Colorado vacation in April. Can you guys suggest some really great places for dinner in Manitou Spgs, Durango, Keystone & Estes. Upscale is fine.I prefer to hear from people's dining experiences instead of relying on dining guides, etc.

Thanks,

Elsy

Mentioned in this post
Colorado
Colorado
United States
Durango
Durango
Colorado
Keystone
Keystone
Colorado
Hotel Estes
Hotel Estes
400 Reviews
Estes Park, CO
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Luxury...
371 Reviews
from US$299.99*
US$399.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour from Las...
598 Reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Las Vegas Tour: Grand Canyon...
127 Reviews
from US$469.99*
US$499.00
colo. springs
Level Contributor
5 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

Hey,

in estes park, you should try the mexican place downtown.

in manitou springs, try the romantic Mona lisa or if you want a hit or miss, try Briarhurst manor, for things like elk/boar/buffalo, but expensive.

Why not go to Colo. Springs for dinner? it's closeby (10 minutes to downtown), and has hundreds of restaurants to choose from.

colo. springs
Level Contributor
5 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

Hey,

in estes park, you should try the mexican place downtown.

in manitou springs, try the romantic Mona lisa or if you want a hit or miss, try Briarhurst manor, for things like elk/boar/buffalo, but expensive.

Why not go to Colo. Springs for dinner? it's closeby (10 minutes to downtown), and has hundreds of restaurants to choose from.

miami, florida
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants

Actually we're staying in Colorado Spgs. for 2 nts at The Broadmoor and plan to have dinner there one night. I thought it might be nice to go to Manitou for dinner for the 2nd night.I remember it being sort of quaint with some nice little shops. Is it still that way? Its been 17 years since my last visit!

Mentioned in this post
Colorado
Colorado
United States
The Broadmoor
The Broadmoor
1,417 Reviews
Colorado Springs, CO
Springfield, MO
Level Contributor
340 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants

Estes Park - Sweet Basilico's - very good Italian food. It is tiny (9 tables) and fills up quickly. Either get reservations or go at 4 pm to avoid a sometimes very lengthy wait. They also do lots of take out.

Durango - Serious Texas BBQ - on 550, there is one on the north side of town and one on the south side of town. We look forward to eating there on our vacation every year.

Mentioned in this post
Estes Park
Estes Park
Colorado
Durango
Durango
Colorado
Texas
Texas
United States
Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants

In durango there is a great pizza place at the end of the main street in town where all the shops are. I can't remeber the name but it has brick oven pizza. Perhapse someone remembers the name.

Kansas
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants

Nicky's Steakhouse is the best. Excellent prime rib. Also feature a sandwich menu. They even have prime rib buffet on Friday nights. The lounge is awesome, even hase a tree growing up through it. You really need to try this place. We ate there both nights we were in Estes this past November.

Mentioned in this post
Nicky's Resort
Nicky's Resort
190 Reviews
Estes Park, CO
Colorado
Level Contributor
534 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants

I agree with Sweet Basillico's for Estes -the food is amazing!

For Keystone, if you want upscale, check out the Ranch, it is great, also there are tons of places nearby in Silverthorne, Frisco, Dillon, etc. The Dam Brewery in Dillon is good and very reasonable.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Estes
Hotel Estes
400 Reviews
Estes Park, CO
Frisco
Frisco
Colorado
Dillon
Dillon
Colorado
Glenwood Springs...
Level Contributor
473 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants

Estes Park - for breakfast try The Egg & I. You won't need lunch after one of their breakfast. This is not your ordinary breakfast menu, the variety is unbelievable and I the quality is excellent.

Mentioned in this post
Estes Park
Estes Park
Colorado