We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snow Totals

Pagosa Springs...
Destination Expert
for Durango, Pagosa Springs
Level Contributor
410 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Snow Totals

Wolf Creek Ski Area picked up 44 inches of snow over the weekend - giving them 159" for the season. Pagosa Springs received a foot or so...anyone else have snow totals from the latest set of storms? I'm curious how the rest of the state fared...I am headed towards Denver next weekend and may bring my snowboard or XC skis along to play.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,570 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snow Totals

Well you may well need them in Denver, but up in Summit sadly not a whole lot of new. Hopefully by time you get here that will have changed! I am guessing it will as I won't be up in Summit, that should guarantee a huge dump.....

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,314 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snow Totals

Vail only got about 9 inches with the last storm. I can see Beaver Creek from my house and they've been running the snow guns daily.

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snow Totals

In Steamboat, We had huge wind on Thursday instead of snow. Then picked up about 10"-12" over the weekend. Then big winds again on Sunday nite. Snow making is going hard, as it should in these frigid temps.

We got a ways to go to catch up to last years early numbers, but a few good storms can change that in a heartbeat. In the meantime, we'll just have to keep hammering the groomers.

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,973 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snow Totals

We have received 32" of snow since December 1 (at our house). We're sitting in a sweet spot this year. Eldora is 8 miles SW of us but they didn't get as much since these were upslope events for the most part. Still, they have more mid mountain depth than any of the Summit County resorts: http://www.coloradoski.com/snow-report

Kyoto, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kobe, Kyoto
Level Contributor
5,064 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snow Totals

Anyone been around Winter Park? I will be there in about two weeks and hoping for good snow. I'll be happy to be there no matter what but a good base will be a plus. I worked there for two seasons and know that the snow reports are not always the best source for snow totals. :)

California
Level Contributor
9 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snow Totals

We are heading to Steamboat on 3 January from Sydney Australia. Situation re snow looks a bit average compared to last year. Any thoughts from locals?

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
9,775 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snow Totals

Jillian, you might want to post this on the Steamboat Springs forum. The locals are more likely to see it and respond. In the meantime, this link has some good information including visitor comments.

onthesnow.com/colorado/…skireport.html

8. Re: Snow Totals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2012, 10:19