We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Snowmobiling Options

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,712 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Snowmobiling Options

I have family in town for Christmas and they really want to go snowmobiling. I made a reservation with GoodTimes, but I am afraid I will have to cancel as there has been basically NO SNOW in Summit County :-(

Is there anywhere else within an hour or so with good snowmobiling currently? Steamboat maybe? Thanks!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,750 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Snowmobiling Options

1FourFun has anyone been up over Vail pass lately? There is usually snow there???

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,712 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Snowmobiling Options

I have not been over that direction - but good thought Alli. Anyone with some info, I'd appreciate it!

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
2,783 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Snowmobiling Options

I've been up on Rabbit Ears Pass and there is a pretty decent base up there.

www.steamboatsnowmobile.com These guys have groomed miles of forest service road with a Thiokol. Makes it nice for us backcountry skiers too.

You wouldn't even have to come down the pass into town. They're located right on hwy 40 in the center of Rabbit Ears Pass.

Good luck!!

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,712 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Snowmobiling Options

Thanks Powderglut - I'll give them a call!

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,712 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Snowmobiling Options

I booked with the Steamboat group - they said Rabbit Ears pass had a 2 ft base and they were expecting more snow over the next couple days. I think we will follow up with lunch at the Truffle Pig! Yum!

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
2,783 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Snowmobiling Options

I'm glad it worked out for you. It'll be nice to get some fresh snow to clean up all the old tracks on the pass. Lunch at Truffle Pig sounds pretty good too.

7. Re: Christmas Snowmobiling Options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2012, 10:19