We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days--what to do

Tomball, Texas
Level Contributor
180 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
2 days--what to do

My wife and I are coming to Colorado over 4th of July for 5 day weekend. Arriving Denver 4th of July and spending the day/night there. Have reservations at Stanley Hotel in Estes Park for July 6&7. Trying to decide where to spend other two day (and night of July 5)--Colorado Springs/Pikes Peak of east of Denver (Idaho Springs/Blackhawk) area. Any advice/suggestions?

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,116 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days--what to do

Anything special you'd like to do? (hike, mountain bike, jeep tour, raft trip, fish, ATV ride, zip line, alpine coaster, museums or historic sites, etc.?)

Tomball, Texas
Level Contributor
180 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days--what to do

Maybe some light hiking and pretty/unique scenery (don't have too much scenery here in Houston TX).

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
153 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days--what to do

I'd say it's too much driving down from Estes to Colo Springs, stay north of Denver. I like Fort Collins. Boulder is also cool and fun. Or just west of Denver is Red Rock Amphitheater and dinosaur ridge where you can hike/bike. There are few good restaurants in Morrison by those two places.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,860 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days--what to do

Look at heading to Summit County including Dillon, Silverthorne, Breckenridge etc or possibly Winter Park which is closer to RMNP. Then to Rocky Mtn NP, over Trail Ridge and in to Estes Park. Summer time can be hot in Denver/Boulder and Colorado Springs areas.

5. Re: 2 days--what to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 12:16