We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Okay locals...fun tavern/dining ideas needed

Level Contributor
260 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Okay locals...fun tavern/dining ideas needed

Hello and thanks in advance. I'm taking some friends this fall to Aspen (driving roundtrip from Denver) and we will need some fun ideas for unique local joints to stop along the way for breakfasts, lunch and probably a dinner on the way back. I realize that in fall not all establisments may be open but usually these type are. We love cool old bars and saloons with good food.

Need Ideas for Leadvill (if conditions are right), Glenwood Springs, Basalt, Redstone, Carbondale, Vail, Frisco etc and what ever you can think of between Denver and Aspen.

No set itinerary yet...just getting ideas for fun meal stops at this point. Thanks again.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,165 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Okay locals...fun tavern/dining ideas needed

http://www.ribcity.com/rc/index.php Glenwood Springs

glenwoodcanyon.com/

there's probably more unique than these in Glenwood that the locals could point you towards as Rib City there's more than one of (in other locations).

Level Contributor
260 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Okay locals...fun tavern/dining ideas needed

Looking more in the lines of Minturn Inn and Woody Creek Tavern...

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,165 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Okay locals...fun tavern/dining ideas needed

ok now you're strictly looking tavern now...then those are definitely out. I thought I'd throw them in the mix of possibles (since I don't know local tavern food). I'm sure you'll get some good responses from the locals. There's one from Glenwood on the Glenwood Springs forum that may chime in or you could message them if you spot them in the Glenwood Springs threads as I often do.

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Okay locals...fun tavern/dining ideas needed

Aspen area: J-Bar at the Jerome, Hickory House, Woody Creek you know

Basalt area: Brick Pony Pub, Cafe Bernard, Breakfast in America

Carbondale: Phat Thai, pick up fresh tortillas at La Tortilleria Roca on hwy 133

Glenwood: The Pullman is my favorite

Edwards: Crazy Mountain Brewery for a pint (no food), Woody's

Vail: Westside Cafe

5. Re: Okay locals...fun tavern/dining ideas needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 03:15