We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rock climbing and hot air balloon company recommendations

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Rock climbing and hot air balloon company recommendations

I'll be visiting CO (specifically Colordao Springs, Boulder, RMNP/Estes Park, and Denver) from 6/29-7/4. While in those cities, I would like to rock climb and take a hot air balloon ride. I've never climbed before, so I'm looking for a good location and company that offers beginning tours/expeditions. While I know learning the technique is important, I really want the opportunity to climb. As for hot air ballooning, which city would offer the best scenic views? Any thoughts/feedback greatly appreciated.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
200 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rock climbing and hot air balloon company recommendations

We enjoyed our hot air balloon ride with Fair Winds in Boulder. When we went, we stayed up longer than some of the other balloons from different companies. We had a great view of the Flatirons and the Front Range.

http://www.hotairballoonridescolorado.com/

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
13,922 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rock climbing and hot air balloon company recommendations

advoutwest.com/colorado/balloon/index.html is a great company that operates flights out of the springs ... gliding infront of pikes peak - amercia's mountain - , chayenne mountain and the front range is hard to beat.

rock climbing in garden of the gods is awesome .. however, most outfits do their skill training inside . check here .. they have a new climbers program meetup.com/Rock-Climbers-of-Colorado-Springs/

Edited: 07 June 2012, 19:49
Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
9,406 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rock climbing and hot air balloon company recommendations

www.estesparkcvb.com/activities.cfm…

Lumpy Ridge is regarded as some of the best rock climbing in the state. Family has been very pleased with the guides, instruction and climbs from Estes Park Mountain Shop. Colorado Mountain School is the approved guide service for Rocky Mountain National Park.

Edited: 07 June 2012, 20:10
Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,608 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rock climbing and hot air balloon company recommendations

Boulder is a rock climbing mecca. There are several companies for beginner instruction. I see their vans in Boulder Canyon daily:

www.totalclimbing.com/page.php…

peakmountainguides.com/rockclimbingColorado.…

Edited: 07 June 2012, 20:11
Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,608 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rock climbing and hot air balloon company recommendations

I don't know why this link didn't show up even when I edited. This is one of the best known climbing courses since 1969: http://bobculp.com/site.php?page=home

6. Re: Rock climbing and hot air balloon company recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 00:16