We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good place to eat between Burlington & Keensburg?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
261 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Good place to eat between Burlington & Keensburg?

We will need to stop for lunch, with children, somewhere between Burlington and Keensburg. Any suggestions? Anywhere unique?

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,166 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good place to eat between Burlington & Keensburg?

Have you looked at options in Limon or Strasburg? Some chains (Ihop, Denny's, fast food) and some local places. Google these towns restaurants and see if anything sounds good. I haven't been out that way in many, many years, so can't help with actual experience.

In Burlington stop to see the carousel http://www.kitcarsoncountycarousel.com/

Edited: 17 June 2012, 22:16
Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
17 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good place to eat between Burlington & Keensburg?

If you decided not to make any stops, this would be a not-quite-three-hour drive through the wide open spaces. There is simply not much on this route. Your best bet is Limon, but that is still quite a small town. TripAdvisor mentions a Chinese restaurant in Limon that looks intriguing, but I don't know what your kids think about that.

Otherwise, you are probably looking at fast food or a truck stop. One time I ate at a truck stop in Limon and it was okay.

Edited: 20 June 2012, 03:34
North Platte...
Level Contributor
366 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good place to eat between Burlington & Keensburg?

Howdy mama,

Four years ago in Limon I had an excellent homemade dinner at a place on Main Street. I tried looking it up on Google maps. I came up with Rubys. It was an older building on a corner. It was very good food!

Have a nice trip!

Edited: 20 June 2012, 05:59
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
261 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good place to eat between Burlington & Keensburg?

I didn't get to read your message before we left but we ended up stopping at Ruby's (yes, it is there on the corner) and it was very good. Closed on Sunday's though!)

5. Re: Good place to eat between Burlington & Keensburg?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 01:15