We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Colorado River is flowing today...

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,714 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
The Colorado River is flowing today...

run! GO, GO, GO! Myself and a million other people shall be out there today!

americanwhitewater.org/content/…

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
198 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Colorado River is flowing today...

Why is the water flowing today?? My fiance wants to cancel our whole trip to Colorado because the water is low. We plan on going white water rafting on July 24th for the first time and this is our main purpose for going to Colorado. So what made the water a little better today?

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,714 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Colorado River is flowing today...

I believe they opened up Green Mountain Reservoir because ranchers called for water; this caused the levels to go up on the Lower Blue River which flows into the Colorado River just above Gore Canyon. There were a lot of people out having fun today! I saw American Whitewater and I think Kodi out there, the groups were enjoying themselves.

If the main purpose is whitewater rafting then sadly yes I would cancel, but the weather is lovely and there are many other activities. The water was still very low, but I had a great day floating, a little sunburnt though.

For those who are vacationing here now, then call some companies and go rafting tomorrow!

3. Re: The Colorado River is flowing today...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2013, 10:16