We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All-inclusive Summer Resort

Northbrook, IL
Level Contributor
35 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
All-inclusive Summer Resort

I'm looking for suggestions for two families (four children 10-12) to spend a week at an all-inclusive resort in the mountains in the summer. I'd prefer it to not be exclusively a dude ranch where horse back riding is the major activity.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,750 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All-inclusive Summer Resort

We don't really have "all-inclusives" like many of the beach destinations do. You might think about one of the mountain resort locations that cater to kids. They all can arrange all sort of activities.

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek

…hyatt.com/hyatt/…index.jsp

or

ritzcarlton.com/en/…Default.htm

to give you an idea

Edited: 25 March 2013, 16:35
Northbrook, IL
Level Contributor
35 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All-inclusive Summer Resort

Thank you. I was afraid of that.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,169 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All-inclusive Summer Resort

Why afraid?

Did you want an all-inclusive to control costs, not to have to plan or prepare meals or look for a restaurant, or to have the children participate in a children's day program while the adults do different activities?

There are lots of guest ranches where riding is just one of many activities, and I believe there are a few that either don't have riding or offer it as an option at extra cost.

Northbrook, IL
Level Contributor
35 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All-inclusive Summer Resort

I'm looking for resorts where the meals are provided along with a variety of activities. Horseback riding could be one of the activities, but not the primary one. This event would be to celebrate a 50th anniversary (I'm paying for everyone) for a total of ten people. It could be that the children would do things with the adults or separately. Thanks for your help.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,750 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All-inclusive Summer Resort

I do think many of the hotels could put together a package for you. Might well be better than some of those all inclusives where better restaurants are hard to get into and activities are timed on their schedule. Why not call on https:/…

to see what might be possible?

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,712 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All-inclusive Summer Resort

www.YMCAoftheRockies.com can be done as an all-inclusive. Do not let the YMCA part confuse you - both the Estes Park and Fraser locations are very nice!

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,169 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All-inclusive Summer Resort

Oh, what fun! This will truly be a celebration to remember!

Well, what I would do is to check out alli's and 1FourFun's ideas, and also go to the Colorado Guest Ranch Association website and look through the ranches and their websites to see which ones offer the variety of activities you are looking for. You might also contact the association for help in narrowing down which ranches might be most suitable. The association office might know which ranches might offer a "no riding" option at a lesser charge. I know I have seen that on a couple of websites but can't think which ones at the moment. Some of the ranches that cater to family reunions must get that question quite a bit when there are families with a variety of ages, as some of the older folks might not want (or be able) to ride every day.

All members of the Colorado association must offer week long all inclusive stays in the summer and adhere to certain standards. You may find some other ranches that are not members. I feel pretty comfortable referring you to any of the association member ranches; however, other ranches might be just fine, too, but choose not to be members for whatever reason. (such as wanting to be more flexible in their lodging options) I'd just ask lots of questions and read reviews. I have seen a couple of "Guest Ranch and RV resort" places that might be fine places to stay, depending upon your needs, but that wouldn't fit my idea of a guest ranch.

Edited: 25 March 2013, 19:31
Northbrook, IL
Level Contributor
35 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All-inclusive Summer Resort

Thank you, again. You are a wealth of information.

Northbrook, IL
Level Contributor
35 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All-inclusive Summer Resort

Thank you. I was considering both locations as options.

10. Re: All-inclusive Summer Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 March 2013, 05:05