We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peyton to Denver

Long Island NY
Level Contributor
617 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Peyton to Denver

Next week I'm visiting family in peyton but have tickets for a concert at the Pepsi center in Denver that starts at 7:30pm on tuesday. I know the drive is typically an hour and 20 min but will I be hitting rush hour traffic and what time should I leave peyton?

Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
657 reviews
from US$398.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Luxury...
367 reviews
from US$299.99*
US$399.00
Special Offer
Las Vegas Combo Tour: Helicopter and...
119 reviews
from US$469.99*
US$499.00
Rocky Mountain National Park Day Trip...
109 reviews
from US$125.00*
WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,454 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peyton to Denver

Yes, you would be hitting rush hour traffic.

I would leave mid afternoon and do a little sightseeing and have dinner downtown before attending the concert. Or, park at one of the light rail stations and take the light rail to the Pepsi Center stop and not have to worry about parking. Or both!

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Peyton to Denver

misspwestslope's idea of parking at one of the light rail stations, etc. is excellent. I would drive from Peyton to nearby CO83 and drive it north all the way to where it intersects with the I-225 Near that point is a lightrail station. CO83 is a real pretty road through the countryside. Where it becoimes suburban it is miostly a 4-lane highway.

3. Re: Peyton to Denver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2014, 06:17