We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt. Princeton Hot Springs vs. Glenwood Hot Springs?

Florida
Level Contributor
327 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mt. Princeton Hot Springs vs. Glenwood Hot Springs?

Trying to decide between which hot springs is better for our family this summer. We have a 11 and 15 yr old boys. Thoughts?

Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Luxury...
371 Reviews
from US$299.99*
US$399.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour from Las...
598 Reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Las Vegas Tour: Grand Canyon...
127 Reviews
from US$469.99*
US$499.00
Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
11,861 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mt. Princeton Hot Springs vs. Glenwood Hot Springs?

Since you inquired about caves near Breckenridge on one of your earlier posts and your kids like adventure, you might want to reserve the Wild Tour at Glenwood Caverns. You would be in Glenwood Springs already so why not visit the hot springs pool there. Already suggested to you at Glenwood Springs is the Hanging Lake hike as well.

glenwoodcaverns.com/glenwood-springs-wild-to…

http://www.visitglenwood.com/hanging-lake

Mentioned in this post
Glenwood Suites
Glenwood Suites
368 Reviews
Glenwood Springs, CO
Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mt. Princeton Hot Springs vs. Glenwood Hot Springs?

In my mind there is NO comparison. There are certainly people who love Glenwood springs, however it grosses me out. It is crowed with tons of tourists. It is a dark colored, hot pool, filled with sweat and grease! (Grossed out yet,? LOL) I like to sit in the river side hot springs in Mt. Princeton, it is literally small pools in Chalk Creek. However they also have swimming pools. The upper pool has a 300 ft slide that is fun for the kids. On a weekend it will be busy too, but not like Glenwood IMO. As far as other activities Glenwood has Mt. Princeton beat - but Mt Princeton has horse back riding, rafting (better than Glenwood,) St. Elmo ghost town, ziplining, and a few close-by cute mountain towns. You could easily day trip Mt. Princeton and combine with a rafting trip, and then another day trip to Glenwood for adventure activities/hanging lake/caverns etc.

Mentioned in this post
Glenwood Suites
Glenwood Suites
368 Reviews
Glenwood Springs, CO
St. Elmo
St. Elmo
341 Reviews
Nathrop, CO
Pagosa Springs...
Destination Expert
for Durango, Pagosa Springs
Level Contributor
417 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mt. Princeton Hot Springs vs. Glenwood Hot Springs?

fv1989 makes great points to consider, given your previous posts. I would also add, in my personal opinion, the water slides at the hot springs are more fun at Glenwood. They also have a diving board at one end of the large hot springs pool.

The views from the water slide at Mt. Princeton are incredible, but that aspect is probably not as interesting to 10 and 15 year old boys.

Mentioned in this post
Glenwood Suites
Glenwood Suites
368 Reviews
Glenwood Springs, CO
Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,861 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mt. Princeton Hot Springs vs. Glenwood Hot Springs?

Maybe after you crawl through the dirt on your belly on the Wild Cave Tour, you will not notice the sweat and grease so much at the Glenwood Springs hot pool.

1FourFun, FloridaGuy has multiple threads. At least 4 people have suggested Brown's Canyon rafting so hopefully that is on the to do list.

FloridaGuy, regarding one of your other day trips from Breckenridge--Mount Evans, the Chief Mountain hike meets all your requirements for the type hike you want.

www.summitpost.org/chief-mountain/153817

…usda.gov/recarea/…

Mentioned in this post
Mount Evans
Mount Evans
2,175 Reviews
Denver, CO
Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mt. Princeton Hot Springs vs. Glenwood Hot Springs?

I would hope if one crawls thru dirt they would shower prior to getting in to the pool. Showers are a MUST prior to entering any pool IMO, but somehow lost on a lot of people.

Glad to hear others are recommending Brown's Canyon - it is a great/fun run.

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,861 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mt. Princeton Hot Springs vs. Glenwood Hot Springs?

1FourFun, you do know I was joking! Yes, everyone should shower before getting in any pool, hot spring, or even a communal hot tub!

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mt. Princeton Hot Springs vs. Glenwood Hot Springs?

I agree - but a lot of people don't! ick!

Florida
Level Contributor
327 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Mt. Princeton Hot Springs vs. Glenwood Hot Springs?

Thank you for the replies. Enjoying the humor in this thread. We plan on going to Glenwood Adventure park and caverns for a day trip. Also, rafting in Buena vista. It seems like we may have more time after rafting to enjoy Mt. Princeton. We are from Florida so a large pool with a bunch of people is not exciting for us. Sounds like Mt Princeton might feel more native and less crowded. Also, may be perfect after a rafting and a little lunch. The only concern is the afternoon rains. Seems like this might be a daily happening. Thoughts?

Mentioned in this post
Glenwood Suites
Glenwood Suites
368 Reviews
Glenwood Springs, CO
Florida
Florida
United States
Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mt. Princeton Hot Springs vs. Glenwood Hot Springs?

Rain is not necessarily a daily happening - however rarely does it happen in the morning. It is not a Florida downpour kind of rain - it is a usually a light rain that is on/off and passes - although not always. Sitting in the hot spring during a spring rain (might actually feel good!) is much better than sitting on a raft and getting splashed by freezing water. Your plan to raft first, hot spring second, sounds perfect. There is a good local fast food/ice cream shop joint along the road in Buena Vista called Circle K's. There is a park and playground next to it, might make for a fun/yummy spot for the kids for lunch or quick dinner on your way out of town.

Edited: 05 June 2013, 21:43
Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
3,334 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mt. Princeton Hot Springs vs. Glenwood Hot Springs?

I would vote for the hot springs after rafting in the morning. Agree, with 1HourFun that if it rains, usually not that big of a deal if you are in the water at the hot springs.

Now, for the ice cream place... Circle K's is a convenience store ala 7-11 that probably has some very generic ice cream that is nothing to write home about. K's is what I believe 1FourFun meant...unless of course the convenience store ice cream has gotten a lot better lately ;-)

Matt