We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time skier!!!!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
40 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
First time skier!!!!

I want to go tubing/sledding somewhere in Colorado.I want to ride on a snow mobile not too big on actually skiing? Any advice on where to go?

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,604 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time skier!!!!

How long will you be here, how are you getting here, flying in or driving in, what is the budget? A few details will help us best make recommendations.

Edited: 19 July 2013, 14:44
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,604 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time skier!!!!

and when as well....

Without any details I'd look at

Winter Park/Fraser

Keystone

Frisco

all have tubing hills I am partial to Keystone's because it is at the top of the mountain you take the Gondola up. Frisco is a cute town maybe better suited if you are not skiing, Winter Park has the original tubing hill super fun though old school, there is a newer one there too don't go there.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
40 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time skier!!!!

We will be flying there so don't want to have to drive hours and hours in the snow to get to the actual destination after getting of the plane. Simply because I don't know how to drive in it. I don't want anything to old and the budget is about 3000.00 give or take and that is not including air fare.....thanks

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
40 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time skier!!!!

Oh and we will be staying about 4-5 days no more than 5 no less than 4

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,604 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time skier!!!!

Got it, If you don't want to drive at all you can take a shuttle from the airport. For a non car trip I'd look at Frisco, the historic main street or Keystone. You can certainly drive it about 1.5 hours from the airport. Keystone is more of a resort Frisco is a town. Keystone does have a free shuttle service that runs through the resort making it easy to come and go as you please.

keystoneresort.com/activities/… I can keep myself pretty busy at Keystone even if I am not skiing.

A plus to Frisco is the shopping and if you wanted to try skiing but not have the big mountain intimidation they have a little learning hill but it is not a ski resort.

For Winter Park you might look at Devils Thumb Resort but I am not sure the budget will work.

6. Re: First time skier!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 06:17