We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what sights to see labor day week

Tenafly nj
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Topic
what sights to see labor day week

I am going to Colorado for the 3rd time. I have stayed in Denver and did museums and dining in the city. Idid day trips to Manitou springs, Pikes Peak , Vail, Breckenridge as well,

The last tirp I stayed in Boulder and visited Estess Park, did a wonderful horseback trail ride in Estess and some driving thru the mountains.

I am having trouble deciding what sites to conquer this trip. My friend Lives in Boulder so I will be there for a few days and she wants to drive to Yellowstone or Sante Fe.

Any thoughts on that?

I am also considering staying in Colorado for the whole week and would love feedback on other places within this magnificent state you would recommend.

I love culture, dining, little towns, horseback riding, beginner hiking, music, art .

thanks so much for replying

D

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,854 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what sights to see labor day week

Maybe Frisco then Salida, charming small town with cute little shops, restaurants and galleries, with a side trip to Mount Princeton Hot Springs. A note if you get a treatment at the Spa it gives you access to the spa pools, very nice! Labor Day weekend will see many festivals in the high country. If you like food the Taste of Keystone is great. The Lodge and Spa at Keystone is nice or I really enjoyed staying at the Ski Top Lodge in Keystone. If you are both going to there you can easliy find a condo for under 150 a night on Craigslist or VRBO

For a solo traveler I'd look at staying at the Simple Lodge and Hostel in Salida, I have stayed in a private room there and loved it. Planning a return trip soon.

Edited: 26 July 2013, 15:44
Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,488 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what sights to see labor day week

>>My friend Lives in Boulder so I will be there for a few days and she wants to drive to Yellowstone or Sante Fe.<<

I suppose it depends on what you want to do when there and how far you want to drive. Santa Fe is approximately a 6 hour drive, Yellowstone is closer to 9.5 hours.

3. Re: what sights to see labor day week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2014, 05:18