We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places to propose near South Fork CO?

1 post
Save Topic
Best places to propose near South Fork CO?

Hello, my girlfriend and I are planing a trip to South Fork Co for a vacation! I was wondering if anyone knew of a place close by South Fork perfect for a marriage proposal!? I have a few spots in mind, but still looking for that perfect spot.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,136 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best places to propose near South Fork CO?

by Sentinel Peak perhaps or the Great Sand Dunes...I'm sure the locals will chime in as well!

Pagosa Springs...
Destination Expert
for Durango, Pagosa Springs
Level Contributor
413 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best places to propose near South Fork CO?

When is your visit planned?

If during summer / fall, Lobo Overlook on Wolf Creek Pass gets first vote. Offers gorgeous 360 degree views of the surrounding mountains. The Overlook is located off of the top of the Pass, a 3 mile drive off of Hwy 160. Dirt road is passable in a passenger vehicle.

Another option would be a scenic drive up Park Creek Road (a few miles west of South Fork on Hwy 160 / Wolf Creek Pass). So many beautiful spots along the drive. Well maintained dirt road.

Another option would be at the base of Treasure Falls. Located below hairpin turns on West side of pass on Hwy 160...short 1/4 mile hike to base will provide a very unique proposal location at the base of a 100' waterfall.

Good luck!

3. Re: Best places to propose near South Fork CO?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 06:20