We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colorado skiing and lift tickets

lakeville
Level Contributor
118 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Colorado skiing and lift tickets

Hello-

I am taking my kids to Colorado for Xmas and staying at Christie Lodge in Avon. We skied at Wolf Creek last year and now I want to try something else. We are all intermediate skiers (definitely no black diamonds) and I am wondering what would be the best choice. Vail, Beaver Creek, Breck, Keystone? Let me know what you think...

Also.. is there anywhere I can find lift tickets below face value? just curious..

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,251 posts
395 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colorado skiing and lift tickets

Over the holiday you won't find much for discounting. However, you're definitely in the market category for an Epix Mix 7-day pass. I doubt you'll be able to do it any cheaper than this:

www.snow.com/epic-pass/passes/epic-7-day.aspx

Given that you're staying in Avon, it will be a major league hassle to go over to Keystone and Breck. Keep your focus on Beaver Creek (free shuttle bus) and Vail. If you want diversity, do one day over in Summit County. But there's no realistic reason to spend the extra time on the road.

Have fun. I'm at Westin in Avon right now. Really amazed at how good the skiing is right now at Beaver Creek.

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Colorado skiing and lift tickets

In terms of costs for skiing at Beaver Creek/Vail --rentals, food, lift tix-- you're in a whole different world than Wolf Creek, except for where you are staying and trust that works out for you.

Note that week will be crazy busy but BC should have shorter lines than Vail. Get up early and get up away from base area. Also, consider having lunch bet 11 - 11:30 to avoid the crush. Enjoy.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,487 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Colorado skiing and lift tickets

Since you are staying in Avon I'd limit it to BC and Vail. Personally with a family I prefer Beaver Creek to Vail especially for intermediate skiers. Vail can feel like one big cat track at times.

Tex is right, very $$$$ at both. Your lodging is near the City Market I'd suggest stocking up there for food and supplies like hand/toe warmers. There is a liquor store, Beaver Liquors, close by.

Nice HH at http://www.vin48.com/ nearby too

Delavan, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Colorado skiing and lift tickets

What Tumbleweed already said. And if you liked Wolf Creek, I think you're going to like Beaver Creek anyway. So don't worry about the others unless you just feel like a roadtrip.

5. Re: Colorado skiing and lift tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2014, 06:18