We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family friendly resort

Shreveport...
Level Contributor
4 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Family friendly resort

What is the best family friendly ski resort? Looking for close access to ski school, kid activities, maybe not too much distance from hotel/condo to ski school, etc. I would appreciate any input.

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Family friendly resort

Most CO ski resorts will meet your criteria. You must decide on budget, how far you want to drive or shuttle to final destination, condo or hotel, etc. Here's a comprehensive list of CO resorts with some good info:

www.onthesnow.com/colorado/ski-resorts.html

I'm the Aspen DE so here is where I'd recommend but other places like Steamboat, Vail, Breckenridge, Telluride, Crested Butte are also excellent destinations too.

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
3,251 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family friendly resort

1st, are you driving or flying into Colorado (guessing Denver??).

If flying in, do you plan to rent a car or get shuttle transportation?

If you are renting a car, how far would you prefer to drive?

For example, Breckenridge would be one of your closest "ski towns" and would be 2 hours best case scenario, more if catch Denver rush hour, traffic into the mountains or bad weather.

You can fly into small airports that would put you closer to ski areas but that can get $$$.

Matt

Colorado
Level Contributor
229 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family friendly resort

Aree with others, depends on how much you want to spend. I am a big fan of Beaver Creek and Vail and have been going there with my kids for over 15 years. Great ski schools, beautiful location, lots of great restaurants and shopping within walking distance and lots of ski in/ ski out.

4. Re: Family friendly resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2015, 05:18