We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small Colorado City

Massapequa, New York
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Small Colorado City

Hello!

My friend and I are looking to get away from our home in NY and travel a little this summer. We have a few places in mind but one place we are thinking about is a small city or town in Colorado. Any recommendations for somewhere cute and friendly?

We don't know exactly what we're looking for, just something new. It'd be nice to see people with different mindsets and experience beautiful nature scenery!

Also, we are two college students, so naturally we have a limited budget. Somewhere generally safe would be awesome too. Thank you so much for reading!

Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
565 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Luxury...
349 reviews
from US$299.99*
US$399.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour and...
122 reviews
from US$469.99*
US$499.00
Denver Mountain Parks with Optional...
183 reviews
from US$55.00*
Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Small Colorado City

you flying in, if so where?

Are you driving in, if so, do you happen to know where you are coming from?

1st thing that came to my mind was the town of Ouray but if you are flying in to Denver and depending on your time in Colorado, might be a little difficult to get to.

Safe- you are good just about anywhere in Colorado.

The ski resort towns typically offer a lot to do in the summer.

Breckenridge would be your closest bet if flying into Denver.

Small town- might want to define that more as small town as in outta the way remote or small as compared to say NYC ;-)

Matt

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,703 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Small Colorado City

Ditto what Matt said!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,731 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Small Colorado City

I also thought of Ouray. It is not a big resort town, so less expensive than the ski towns (even in summer). Up in the mountains with great scenery. However, it is a 7-8 hour drive from Denver.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
7,047 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Small Colorado City

Same here Matt. There are so many adorable small mountain towns in Colorado, we're going to need more information to help the OP start narrowing it down.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,620 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Small Colorado City

Check out Salida, my favorite small Colorado town. http://www.nowthisiscolorado.com/

Look at the Simple Lodge. the private rooms are cute, in a great spot and very affordable. http://www.simplelodge.com/

6. Re: Small Colorado City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2015, 05:19