We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

road trip from los angeles to denver colorado...I'm moving!

El Segundo...
4 posts
Save Topic
road trip from los angeles to denver colorado...I'm moving!

I'm moving to Colorado (Denver area) summer 2014 and I will be driving my car and some of my stuff out there. I want to take a scenic route out there and need possible routes and places to stop. I am interested in seeing things like the grand canyon, historic parks/towns, mountain towns, hot springs, waterfalls etc. I'm a 27 y/o female so I'm open to any ideas. Thanks!

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,983 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: road trip from los angeles to denver colorado...I'm moving!

Hi thrashbabe and welcome. You may also want to post this on the Road Trips forum for advice and information outside of Colorado :) This question has been asked there many times:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_Tri…

So Cal
Level Contributor
8,458 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: road trip from los angeles to denver colorado...I'm moving!

Thrashbabe, when you re-post on the Road Trips forum, include the following: How long do you have for this trip? Which month? (June and September are both summer, but conditions will be different.) What are you driving? Is it just the one of you? What sort of budget do you have for lodging?

Also, you say you're driving "some of your stuff". Are you planning on taking your SUV crammed to the gills with things you don't trust to a moving van? Will you be towing something, or driving a van yourself? Or will your vehicle look like any other tourist's car from the outside? I ask because security could well be an issue - I wouldn't leave anything valuable in plain sight in the car, or anything (boxes etc) that advertises potential valuables.

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
3,210 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: road trip from los angeles to denver colorado...I'm moving!

Depending on your route, I would come into SW Colorado.

Areas of interest:

Mesa Verde National Park

Drive up from Durango to Montrose, side trip over to Telluride.

Make sure you hang out for awhile in Ouray, great small mountain town.

Montrose across to Gunnison checking out Black Canyon of the Gunnison.

Up to Buena Vista- check out hot springs, St. Elmo ghost town, hiking in the Collegiate Peaks area.

Over to Breckenridge area. Up to Grand Lake, into Rocky Mountain National park, up and over Trail Ridge road to Estes Park and then down through Boulder and into Denver.

Matt

El Segundo...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: road trip from los angeles to denver colorado...I'm moving!

Thanks so much for all of your input. I will try to figure out how to repost into the road trip forums, and will be more specific about all of the details of my trip. :)

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,983 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: road trip from los angeles to denver colorado...I'm moving!

Easy. Just copy (cut and paste) your post in a new thread on the Road Trips forum just like you posted here. Good luck.

So Cal
Level Contributor
8,458 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: road trip from los angeles to denver colorado...I'm moving!

To find the Road Trips forum, scroll down to where it says "Browze forums", click on "All", select "SEE ALL", then scroll down and select "Road Trips".

***I'm assuming you're on a PC. Mobile & tablet layouts all seem to be a bit different.

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
9,799 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: road trip from los angeles to denver colorado...I'm moving!

Jenazz, it would be easier for thrashbabe22 to just click on the link Babalax gave for the Road Trips forum back in reply #1 - just one click.

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,983 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: road trip from los angeles to denver colorado...I'm moving!

Thank you fv - I was just going to post that as well.

So Cal
Level Contributor
8,458 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: road trip from los angeles to denver colorado...I'm moving!

Yeah, that's what happens when I don't read...

10. Re: road trip from los angeles to denver colorado...I'm moving!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 06:18