We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help-Copper Mountain or Loveland ski resort

Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Please help-Copper Mountain or Loveland ski resort

Hello everyone,

We are 3 families visiting Silverthorne CO for a week. We have 3 adults (ski) and 3 kids(snowboarding) for 5 days, and are torn between Copper Mountain and Loveland. Loveland ski school costs seems a lot more reasonable than Copper Mountain (all 3 kids are going to ski/snowboard school for all days). We do not care much about a town/facilities at the base of the resort, since we are at the ski resort only for skiing, and then head back to our cabin in Silverthorne for dinner/drinks. We are average skier/snowboarders, can do black runs, as are the kids (12-14 yrs). But we would like the runs to be nice and fairly long, and a decent variety of different runs to take. Ski school is also very important to us, esp for the kids.

I would greatly appreciate your guidance on which resort we should go to, esp when we will go to the same resort for all 5 days. Any pros and cons of each, along with your recommendation will be very helpful.

Thank you very much,

Mil.

Mentioned in this post
Copper Mountain
Copper Mountain
784 Reviews
Copper Mountain, CO
Loveland
Loveland
Colorado
Colorado
Level Contributor
12,035 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help-Copper Mountain or Loveland ski resort

The price difference is likely because Copper Mountain is a resort and Loveland is not.

Is there a reason you couldn't ski at both?

Copper is my favorite mountain for many reasons. I can't compare or comment on the runs at Loveland because I don't ski there. But it sounds like Loveland would work out just fine for you.

You can compare them here: www.onthesnow.com/colorado/ski-resorts.html

Mentioned in this post
Copper Mountain
Copper Mountain
784 Reviews
Copper Mountain, CO
Loveland
Loveland
Colorado
Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help-Copper Mountain or Loveland ski resort

I have lived in the Boulder area for 14 years and my kids grew up here. I am a snowboarder and the rest of the crew ski. I would recommend Copper for several reasons. Copper is a naturally divided mountain with most black runs on the east end and backside, blue in the middle and beginner at the west end. Easy to access all area but I like that the experienced skiers and boarders aren't whipping by the beginners and vice versa.

Copper is a few exits past Silverthorn, easy drive and you don't have to go through the tunnel each day.

Mentioned in this post
Boulder
Boulder
Colorado
Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
3,332 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help-Copper Mountain or Loveland ski resort

Copper is my favorite ski resort in Summit.

But if your kids are going to be in ski school all day and their is a significant savings...could tilt it the other way.

Matt

Mentioned in this post
Summit Inn
Summit Inn
167 Reviews
Frisco, CO
Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help-Copper Mountain or Loveland ski resort

Thank you all of you for your guidance, I so much appreciate you all taking the time to give me your thoughts....so far it looks like Copper Mountain is the winner...the daily ski/snow school cost difference is around $105 at Loveland versus around $190 at Copper. But given that we are flying in from Texas, don't want to be penny wise...rather spend the little extra if we are getting so much more in return. I was also told by the owner of my cabin to order an 'e book', and that has given me bogo coupons at copper, so other than the ski school, daily lift passes for us adults with that is only around $10 or so more per day at copper.

Once again, thank you all very much!

Mil

Mentioned in this post
Copper Mountain
Copper Mountain
784 Reviews
Copper Mountain, CO
Loveland
Loveland
Colorado
Texas
Texas
United States
Colorado
Level Contributor
12,035 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help-Copper Mountain or Loveland ski resort

I think you'll be happy at Copper. eBook coupons are a great deal. There are four 2-for-1 coupons and 2 @ $69.

Have a fun trip!

6. Re: Please help-Copper Mountain or Loveland ski resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2015, 06:18