We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Active ghost activities in colorado hotels, any encounters?

Pueblo,Co.
5 posts
Save Topic
Active ghost activities in colorado hotels, any encounters?

Has anyone had any actual ghost encounters at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park or in any other colorado hotels. If so which & where in colorado. I would like to spend the night at an active hotel.

Glenwood Springs...
Level Contributor
473 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Active ghost activities in colorado hotels, any encounters?

There are 2 hotels that I have heard of ghost activites, but never experienced. One it the Hotel Colorado in Glenwood Springs. The other is one of the old hotels in Leadville, but I can't remember the name (sorry). The sci-fi channel did a 6 hour live broadcast from the Stanley overnight on Halloween. You might be able to find some info at their website.

Go to 9news.com and search for haunted. They have a couple of stories about the Stanley hauntings. Also Hauntworld.com has a state by state listing of haunted hotels.

Colorado
Level Contributor
534 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Active ghost activities in colorado hotels, any encounters?

Mtn Life, are you thinking of the Delaware in Leadville? That building is OOOOLLD!

Another famous haunted hotel is the Oxford in Denver. It is a really nice hotel too, I would highly recommend checking it out!

Pueblo,Co.
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Active ghost activities in colorado hotels, any encounters?

Thanks, yeah i will check these out online, if anyone else knows or has more info thats always appreciated.

Grand Lake, Colorado
Level Contributor
603 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Active ghost activities in colorado hotels, any encounters?

There is also an old hotel in ouray called the bon ton. There is one room there that is haunted.

Colorado
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Active ghost activities in colorado hotels, any encounters?

The Hotel Colorado in Glenwood Springs is most definately active! For more information on the hotel and it's "permanent residents" go to www.candcparanormal.com There, you can learn the history of the hotel, some of the "ghost lore" and even a rough estimate on the rates. Hope this helps!

north pole
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Active ghost activities in colorado hotels, any encounters?

hey there- I used to work at the Stanley in the summer of 2000. It is indeed haunted- I was a housekeeper there. The older main section is the place where i experienced the most stuff- the large suites in the back- I believe it is the original lodging that was first erected.. the third floor of the bigger hotel was also somewhat active. But I remember the parlor room being decidedly more so.. Hope this helps and have fun!

north pole
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Active ghost activities in colorado hotels, any encounters?

hey there- I used to work at the Stanley in the summer of 2000. It is indeed haunted- I was a housekeeper there. The older main section is the place where i experienced the most stuff- the large suites in the back- I believe it is the original lodging that was first erected.. the third floor of the bigger hotel was also somewhat active. But I remember the parlor room being decidedly more so.. Hope this helps and have fun!

San Diego
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Active ghost activities in colorado hotels, any encounters?

Hi,

My husband and I stayed at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park. We stayed in room 416. It is right next to room 418 which is one of the rooms they always mention as being active. I was mostly just curious and my husband thought it would be fun and memorable for me since I am a Stephen King Fan. I really wasn't expecting to find anything unexplainable. When we checked into the room I noticed it smelled really weird like an old persons perfume. We put our suitcases in our room and decided to go have a look around the hotel and have a drink at the bar and catch a movie in town. When we got back the smell of the perfume was so strong it was making me sneeze and was making my eyes water. It was like someone had just sprayed it. This was an old smell not like any of the perfume you would buy today. It was like fermented roses or something. Well I decided to ignore it because I figured someone could be spraying it under the door or just messing around. We decided to watch tv for a while then go to sleep. During the night I kept hearing things that were pretty unsettling. Weird music off at a distance (this was old music almost like someone playing some kind of instrument live at a party but at an old time get together or something). Then came a a loud noise like someone slaped their hand on the top of the television. My husband explained that old electronic item sometimes made noises but this didn't make me feel better. I also heard what sounded like skin rubbing on glass. Let me explain...it was the sound you get when you cut your fingernails down real short below the tops of your fingers and scratch like a damp car window with your naked finger tips. There was also a weird light in the corner of the room I could not explain. It was a soft light and not bright. I was pretty spooked and when we got ready to leave in the morning there was a small hand print on our window too small to be mine or my husbands and it looked like it was on the outside. I had not noticed it before then.

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
11,214 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Active ghost activities in colorado hotels, any encounters?

The Hotel Boulderado in Boulder reportedly has ghostly activity. I've known many people who have worked at the hotel in different capacities and they have ghost stories!

You can read the full history of the hotel, including the ghost stories in "Legend of a Landmark, a History of the Hotel Boulderado", by Silvia Pettem,

Southwest
Level Contributor
332 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Active ghost activities in colorado hotels, any encounters?

.....in case you don't know.... there is an active show on the Sci-Fi Channel called "Ghosthunters" every Wednesday night. They've have rebroadcast, i.e. general re-runs, various shows including their visits (2x) to the Stanley Hotel. Their 2 visit conclusively have determined the hotel to have hauntings and ghosts of sorts.