We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Estes Park in late April, early May?

vermont
Level Contributor
388 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Estes Park in late April, early May?

Hello everyone!

This is my first posted question although I have used many of all of your advice on other posts many times!

My best friend and I are coming to Estes at the very end of April or the first few days of May. I am now concerned about the weather. We want to do some trout fishing and hiking. Anyone very familer with the weather this time of year? Will we have to truck thru snow?

Thank you all so much! Jen

Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
565 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Luxury...
349 reviews
from US$299.99*
US$399.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour and...
121 reviews
from US$469.99*
US$499.00
Denver Mountain Parks with Optional...
183 reviews
from US$55.00*
Glenwood Springs...
Level Contributor
473 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Estes Park in late April, early May?

That time of year can be a big question mark when it comes to weather. We could have early warm temps (which has been the case the last couple of years) and no snow, in which case you will be fine. Or, we could get a surprise storm. If you go with the averages, you will be fine and won't see too much snow on the ground. Trail Ridge Rd. will not be open yet. Generally that is a mid to late May opening. The lower hiking trails should be ok, but I don't know about fishing. The water will still be very cold that time of year and if we have an early melt, could be running very fast. Your best bet would be to talk to a local fishing guide to see what it is like that time of year.

2. Re: Estes Park in late April, early May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 06:24