We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiing Getaway for 2

Chicago, IL
7 posts
Save Topic
Skiing Getaway for 2

I would appreciate anyone's help! I am trying to plan a 3-4 day getaway from me & my husband. He likes to ski and has been to Aspen once. I am a "beginner skier" so I would want some place that has the slopes and a nice town. I don't even know where to begin...Breckenridge, Vail, Keystone? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
570 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Luxury...
355 reviews
from US$299.99*
US$399.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour and...
123 reviews
from US$469.99*
US$499.00
Denver Mountain Parks with Optional...
186 reviews
from US$55.00*
Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skiing Getaway for 2

If your husband really enjoyed Aspen you can certainly return and you would want to be skiing on Buttermilk or Snowmass- plenty of beginner terrain and a great ski school as well. You could then stay in Aspen or Snowmass, but if having a busier town at your fingertips is important then you might want to actually book your lodging in Aspen and go to the other mountains in the morning for lessons. (Very close, free shuttle, all on one lift ticket). Also, just so you know, United has daily nonstop service this year from O'Hare right into Aspen airport. The flight is under 3 hours and it might help you get the most out of your 3 or 4 day getaway.

Chicago, IL
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Skiing Getaway for 2

Jennifer, thanks for your feedback. Do you have any lodging recommendations?

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skiing Getaway for 2

Try searching the Aspen forum as there is a lot of feedback and discussion about hotels and condos. Do you know your budget? Star category preferences?

4. Re: Skiing Getaway for 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 00:15