We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One-day autumn drive for foliage and other fall festivities

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
One-day autumn drive for foliage and other fall festivities

Hi there, I wanted to take a drive to CT on Sunday from NYC and would appreciate reccomendations for the best place to see the leaves and go for a nice autumn hike. Weather.com says that the Central and "Panhandle (??)" regions of CT are at the peak foliage, so maybe that's a good start for reccomendations.

Any further recommendations for stops / cute small towns where we can stop in for a nice cup of apple would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One-day autumn drive for foliage and other fall festivities

This is not central CT.. it is Northwest but I would recommend Kent and Kent Falls Park. Kent is a quaint town.. you will love it..

http://www.kentct.com/ -website for Kent

www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?a=2716&q=325228 - website for Kent Falls

If you want to stay central then I would suggest hiking Sleeping Giant in Hamden.

www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?A=2716&Q=325264 - website for sleeping giant park

Sleeping giant has many trails for all abilities.. It is a very nice hike.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One-day autumn drive for foliage and other fall festivities

Actually, I also just remembered.. Talcott Mountain..

www.ct.gov/dEP/cwp/view.asp?A=2716&Q=325272

It is located in Bloomfield.. and you can visit the towns of Avon/Simsbury.

Still... my favorite is Kent.. but this is most central.. the leaves are changing all over right now.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One-day autumn drive for foliage and other fall festivities

Thank you! Are the leaves in Kent falls still in somewhat peak conditions for this weekend?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One-day autumn drive for foliage and other fall festivities

I am not in that area so I can't say for sure.. but really I drive an hour to work each way and my drive today was beautiful.. I think the leaves are pretty all over CT right now.. Saturday is going to be very rainy though.. it may pull the leaves off the trees with the wind.

5. Re: One-day autumn drive for foliage and other fall festivities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2010, 06:18