We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

School holiday

Italy
Level Contributor
67 posts
208 reviews
Save Topic
School holiday

Hi everybody! I'm Italian and I'm thinking to spend next Easter holiday in USA (New York & New England), but I read that schools close for one week in April and that there's a lot of people on vacation in that period. Can someone tell me when? Thanks a lot!

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,149 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: School holiday

In New Haven schools are closed April 5-9

CT
Level Contributor
315 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: School holiday

In the Hartford area, schools are closed April 19 - 23, 2010.

Some families travel during that time, but not the majority.

Italy
Level Contributor
67 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: School holiday

Thank you!!!! And, what's the weather like in that period?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
124 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: School holiday

The weather can still be quite unpredictable in April. Generally, daytime averages about 50-60 degree range (fahrenheit); nighttime can still go below freezing. Though, it is not uncommon to have a day up in the 70s; and I still remember getting about 10 inches on snow in the middle of April when I was younger.

5. Re: School holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2010, 05:16