We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All-inclusive CT Resort?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
All-inclusive CT Resort?

We're looking for a place to stay in CT this summer for a week's vacation with the family that has all three meals included (and good food) - any recommendations?

Thanks very much!

Hartford
Destination Expert
for Hartford
Level Contributor
926 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All-inclusive CT Resort?

You can try Sunrise Resort http://www.sunriseresort.com/index.html

I can't personally vouch for the food but I've heard good things. Its one of the only all-inclusives I'm aware of in CT

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All-inclusive CT Resort?

The Water's Edge in Waterford, CT should fit your needs. Great location and marvelous food. It is right on Route 1 so you have a lot of places to explore. Personally, I would perhaps do 2 meals a day there and look for other locations, for lunch or dinner. There are many very good restaurants close by. Enjoy!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All-inclusive CT Resort?

You could try Water's Edge Resort in Westbrook, CT. They offer hotel rooms, condos, etc...and there is dining on site, although I don't believe it is included in the price... There are so many great restaurants in the Westbrook area - all within 20 minutes - do you really want to lock yourself into eating every single meal at any one place? It's just not the CT Shoreline style to do it that way....I guess. Might I suggest renting a cottage on the beach for a week? There are 3 and 4 bedroom beachfront home rentals on the shoreline for $1500 - $3500 per week, complete with kitchens, gas grills, some even have barbeque pits! All within a 5 minute drive to some of the shoreline's best family restaurant's.... try Bill's Seafood or New Deal.

Best of luck to you!

Heather

Connecticut
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All-inclusive CT Resort?

I don't know of any place that has all three meals included either. Are you looking for activities for children also? I agree with the other poster to look for a rental cottage or condo and just eat out.

I have heard great things about Water's Edge but have never stayed there. I did stay at

Connecticut
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All-inclusive CT Resort?

Oops, wasn't finished. I did stay at Saybrook Inn and Spa which is near there and it was fabulous, but not really a place that has a lot for kids to do. The food was fantastic.

Get answers to your questions about Connecticut
Recent Conversations