We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecticut to Cape Cod back to JFK 2 nights 1 day

London, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Connecticut to Cape Cod back to JFK 2 nights 1 day

Can it be done ?

We are visiting NY at the end of March, then picking up a car and going to see a friend in Greenwich CT for a night and then have Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday until 1700 when we fly back from JFK. Two adults, 9 and 7 year old girls; are there things to do enroute. I would like to visit Woodbury Common outlet centre but realise it is in the wrong direction !

So is Greenwich to Cape Cod a good idea or just a lot of driving ? Are there other good outlet shopping centres en-route.

Should we go somewhere else - if so where.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Edited: 20 January 2012, 10:18
CT
Level Contributor
315 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connecticut to Cape Cod back to JFK 2 nights 1 day

What were you looking to do on the Cape? The end of March is not the greatest time to go, unless you wanted to walk the beaches (bundled up!) and see dunes, etc.

The drive will take you past 2 outlet malls in CT, much smaller than Woodbury Commons, so it depends what stores you hope to find:

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/clinton

www.tangeroutlet.com/westbrook

Also en route to the Cape:

www.MysticAquarium.org - your kids would like this.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
124 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connecticut to Cape Cod back to JFK 2 nights 1 day

I agree with CTMomCt that, considering the time of year, the Cape is a bit of a hike. Anything in particular that might interest your girls? Newport, Rhode Island, with many huge "summer" mansions from a bygone era, might be of interest.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
631 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Connecticut to Cape Cod back to JFK 2 nights 1 day

It will take closer to 4 hrs without traffic to get to the cape. Take it from me, I grew up on the cape and still visit every other week or so to visit mum, that the cape is cold, damp, raw, and brown in march. I love the cape, but Newport is closer and Very cool to visit.

Clinton crossing is an excellent outlet mall and is well worth the time.

Have a great trip.

Beth

4. Re: Connecticut to Cape Cod back to JFK 2 nights 1 day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2013, 10:21