We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best flight options from Hartford area to Sedona AZ area?

northeastern ct
Level Contributor
24 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Best flight options from Hartford area to Sedona AZ area?

Not having traveled to the Southwest in 40 years (!), I am wondering the best way (cost AND enjoyment) to fly from the Hartford area of CT to Sedona? We are thinking of going late fall/ early winter . Thanks in advance for any suggestions offered!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best flight options from Hartford area to Sedona AZ area?

There are not really any good direct flights from Hartford. Best thing is to do a search and see what works best for your schedule. I usually start with Expedia to see the options then once narrowed, I book directly on the airline site.

northeastern ct
Level Contributor
24 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best flight options from Hartford area to Sedona AZ area?

Thanks for your response, Sunryz710!

That's basically what I did- with a twist. After reading some of the questions in the Sedona forums, I figured out that Charlotte was a better place to have a layover than Chicago, Newark, etc. Then went to priceline and checked out what flights went through Charlotte without too long a layover.

THEN, I had posted this same question in the Sedona forum, and a fellow who travels reguarly from NH to Sedona said to check the bargain prices on Southwest (an airline I would prefer over United or American to begin with but didn't think I could afford). Although SW doesn't fly out of Hartford over the weekend, and flies only in to Phoenix but not Sedona.....I found flights out of Providence (not too far for us and FAR better than Logan) to Phoenix for...are you ready???...... two round trips, one stop, from Providence to Phoenix for just over a total of $700.00!!! I am thrilled!

Thank you again for your suggestion!

3. Re: Best flight options from Hartford area to Sedona AZ area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2014, 06:21