We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

some traveling information

Zichron Yaakov...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
some traveling information

Hello.

My name is Sharon , 52, from Israel.

Plan to travel the eastern United States in October 2014.

Landing in New York on 6 October.

Appearance in New York on 29 October.

travel plan :

Landing in New York and travel to Hudson Valley, towns along the coast, Boston, continue east along the coast, white mountains , Quebec and surroundings , green mountains , Finger Lakes, Niagara Falls , down south to Washington , back to New York and look home.

Currently I don't plan to visit New York city .

I would like to get information about:

1. Auto racing of any kind especially the special tools the United States (RTV, Tracks, jeeps and virtually all motorized vessels)

2. local festivals held during this period in the East.

An important question I have : Currently I do not think I'll order Accommodations (to maintain flexibility trip) in advance. Do I take risk not findding accommodation ?

Thanks in advance for any help .

conn
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: some traveling information

Suggest posting on the New York or Finger Lakes forums. October is foliage season and very popular for tourist. Suggest you get lodging arranged before you come.

Hartford
Destination Expert
for Hartford
Level Contributor
935 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: some traveling information

I really don't know much about racing but I believe that most big time races will be moved south by October. You might find a local quad race http://www.neatv-mx.com/#!information/sitepage_1.

I do know that October is foliage season in Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire and upstate New York, I would suggest making reservation,s especially for the weekends. Monday October 14 is a holiday here for many (Columbus Day). You should book rooms that have the right to cancel in case you get off schedule. Many places will have 2 night minimums, especially on weekends.

You have laid out a schedule that is pretty ambitious with a lot of driving. Try to be a little more exact about your plans and interests and repost in the states you will visit.

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
262 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: some traveling information

There are several auto racing tracks in New England however most may be closed by October. New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Louden, NH will be open. Check out www.newenglandracingnews.com and www.nhms.com for events.

Zichron Yaakov...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: some traveling information

Thank's to whom assisted with a good advice.

We'll give up Quebec and reserve accommodations ahead

Enfield, Connecticut
Level Contributor
175 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: some traveling information

If you stay with booking the hotel chains you have more flexibility in canceling your reservation without penalty. Read the terms and conditions, avoid booking the lower internet rate as that usually means you cannot cancel without forfeiting the paid amount.

Thompson Speedway in Thompson, CT has something going on the weekend of October 17.

There are all kinds of harvest fairs in October. Below is a link of fair happenings in the Fall. Quite a variety of things to do. discovernewengland.org/new-england-events/…

I haven't been to any of these except for the Big E, however it ends in September.

6. Re: some traveling information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Connecticut