We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

girls weekend. worth switching hotels?

Mamaroneck, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
Save Topic
girls weekend. worth switching hotels?

We have an upcoming girls spa weekend in July, we stayed at Saybrook Inn and Spa last year and were switching to Madison Beach Hotel (we have reservations at both). Which is better for spa treatments, drinks outside, lazy moments, walk to town, good restaurants. We had a great weekend at Saybook but though we should try something new.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: girls weekend. worth switching hotels?

Welcome to the forums!

Of the two you mentioned, I've only stayed at Saybrook Inn and Spa (for a wedding) but never got any treatments.

Hopefully someone can help you out about those properties. We did go to Norwich Spa (The spa at Norwich Inn) stayed over night and got some treatments, nice place.

Oslo
Level Contributor
817 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: girls weekend. worth switching hotels?

Hi. To be honest... Saybrook Pointe is MUCH better. The atmosphere of the spa is a critical part of the experience. Madison just does not have it. I had a good massage but felt like it was missing something. Not as "relaxing" as Saybrook or the Spa of Essex. I would take hands down Saybrook Pt.

3. Re: girls weekend. worth switching hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Connecticut