We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury stay in Delaware (or Maryland)?

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury stay in Delaware (or Maryland)?

We're going to be in Maryland and Delaware next week and have 6 nights to relax before a hectic schedule in Washington.

Anyone have a recommendation for a hotel with a swimming pool and garden in which we can relax for a few days???

Ideally near the beach and not so kid friendly!

Thanks

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury stay in Delaware (or Maryland)?

Neither of these places are "near" the beach but both have a reputation of being upscale:

Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay

…hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

Marriott Wye River

marriott.com/hotels/…

I think that you will find a very upscale place on the beach to be tough to find in Maryland or Delaware. That said, there are a number of nice hotels/motels in Rehoboth Beach, DE that might fit your bill, but they are in and around attractions (i.e. boardwalk) that are very kid friendly.

I hope this helps a little.

dctravel

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury stay in Delaware (or Maryland)?

Alternately, you could look at bed and breakfast's in Cape May, NJ. It is just a ferry ride across the Delaware Bay from Lewes, DE and very nice.

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury stay in Delaware (or Maryland)?

Thanx DC.

I've now booked 5 nights at the Hyatt Chesapeake Bay.

I had looked at it earlier but your confirming what I was having trouble believing (that there aren't any/many other good quality and suitable hotels in the area) moved me to book the Hyatt.

I've now got one night's accom to find and will probably spend it in Annapolis before heading to Silver Spring for 6 nights for a family celebration.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury stay in Delaware (or Maryland)?

In Annapolis, look in the downtown area. There are a couple of big hotels there (the Marriott Annapolis). Also check out the Historic Inns of Annapolis. I have heard good things about them:

www.historicinnsofannapolis.com/home.aspx

5. Re: Luxury stay in Delaware (or Maryland)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 14:17