We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What Delaware area for hotel over June Dover race weekend?

Fort St. John...
Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What Delaware area for hotel over June Dover race weekend?

I will be travelling with my forty something buddies for Dover Speedway’s Nascar races May 30 to June 1 /14. Hotels close to Dover have no availability.

What is a good area/hotel in Delaware to stay, say within 40 miles of Dover?

We will be spending a lot of our time at the track, but would like to check out some historical sights, points of interest, and good food & drink? We will be renting a vehicle from PHL. Thanks to the forum members in advance for your insight and advice.

Cheers, Winston

Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
876 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What Delaware area for hotel over June Dover race weekend?

heh heh.....within 40 miles of Dover you can cover from Wilmington down to Rehoboth! And west to such areas as St Michaels MD

Fort St. John...
Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What Delaware area for hotel over June Dover race weekend?

You are so right, frank-n-pat! My geography thoughts way off, I will try and blame it on living in a sparsely populated area here in northeastern BC. :-)

I guess I need an idea that south toward Lewes somewhere, would be a good place to base ourselves during our quick visit to your State.

Figure that would keep us reasonably close to track, while able to enjoy a visit to the ocean, say Cape Henlopen State Park and surroundings area. Cheers.

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
340 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What Delaware area for hotel over June Dover race weekend?

Hotels in Lewes will also book pretty quickly as many Nascar enthusiasts will try to package a beach/race weekend to Delaware. You may find many hotels requiring a minimum night stay.

Lewes (Rt.1) hotel suggestions - Sleep Inn and Suites, Heritage Inn, Red Mill Inn (midway between Lewes and Milton)

Lewes (downtown) suggestions - Inn at Canal Square, Hotel Rodney, Beacon Motel, Hotel Blue

Great restaurants in downtown Lewes to explore - Agave, Rose and Crown, Touch of Italy, Half Full, Striper Bites and Kindle...(I could go on and on...) Check out Kings Ice Cream for a great after dinner treat. Also, there’s a great bar at the Cape May/Lewes Ferry called On The Rocks - you can enjoy beer and great views. You’ll also find that Lewes is home to many historical gems - many of which are in and around Cape Henlopen State Park. Hope you have a great vacay! :)

Dover, DE
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What Delaware area for hotel over June Dover race weekend?

Hi.. Try hotels in Rehoboth Beach.. 30 minutes from the track and you have many food and lodging options. Also attractions and night life. Very popular area and the town next to Lewes and Cape Henelopen.

5. Re: What Delaware area for hotel over June Dover race weekend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2014, 07:19