We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newark to Philadelphia Airport - best way with construction

Chapel Hill, NC
Level Contributor
59 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Newark to Philadelphia Airport - best way with construction

Hi,

We need to get to Phil Airport from Newark, DE on a Sunday afternoon, and we are seeking advice on the best route given the closure of I-495.

We also will need to get picked up and return to Newark on a Friday night at about 9:00PM.

We will appreciate any guidance re the best route(s) at these times, and any time estimates from Newark to the airport.

Thanks,

car-stan

Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
830 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newark to Philadelphia Airport - best way with construction

Return from airport to Newark shouldnt be an issue as southbound 495 has been reopened. Newark to the airport on SUnday afternoon might be another matter. 95 north is most direct route. The section below Wilmington though on a summer Sunday can be quite slow and congested with people heading for NJTP over the bridge. MIght want to consider taking route 2 east out of Newark to Rt 141S at Prices COrner. You can the pick up 95N above most of the congestion. I would probably count on 1 to 1 1/4 hours for a cushion. Normally it only takes me about 25 mins from Prices COrner to PHL.

Chapel Hill, NC
Level Contributor
59 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newark to Philadelphia Airport - best way with construction

frank-n-pat,

Thanks so much for your response. I appreciate the specific directions you provided.

car-stan

3. Re: Newark to Philadelphia Airport - best way with construction

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 05:17