We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go for a honeymoon

Richland, Indiana
7 posts
Save Topic
Where to go for a honeymoon

Me and my wife are taking our honeymoon in December for about 12 days. We’re flying into Orlando and renting a car. We’ve been to Dayton many times and don’t really want to go there. We plan to go to Miami for a few days and to the keys for a few days. We love the beach. Where do you recommend we go and stay? Is Miami and the keys a good place for this? Thanks

8 replies to this topic
Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
18,893 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go for a honeymoon

"Is Miami and the keys a good place for this?"

Miami Beach, not Miami per se.

The Keys are not known for good beaches

How about Fort Lauderdale?

How about Hollywood? (e.g. The Diplomat Beach Resort)

Apalachicola...
Level Contributor
3,471 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go for a honeymoon

Miami has beautiful beaches with beautiful water. The Keys have beautiful water but no real beaches. I would still go to the Keys- you'll have a memorable time. Congratulations!

Richland, Indiana
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go for a honeymoon

We’ve never been that far down into Florida so we’re open to suggestions. Thanks

Apalachicola...
Level Contributor
3,471 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go for a honeymoon

Provide your budget as December is high season in Miami and the Keys. If it’s next month it’s vital that you make reservations as soon as possible.

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
12,115 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go for a honeymoon

For beautiful beaches I would look at the west coast of Florida. Places like Sanibel, Marco Island or Siesta Key. All are beautiful areas with miles of stunning white sand beaches. Sanibel also offers world class shelling. Clearwater Beach or Saint Pete Beach are also beautiful and closer to Orlando.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,516 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go for a honeymoon

Congratulations on your marriage. I agree the gulf coast is typically a honeymooners destination but so are the keys. Miami and it’s beaches are busy areas. If you want lots of shopping, dining, clubs and night life it has all that and more. The Keys are lots smaller, beautiful water and as stated not miles of beaches. Key West is pretty walkable and has more in one location. Marathon and Islamorada are more spread out and would normally be where I would recommend. However the hurricane damages were very extensive there and they are still in recovery mode.

Do some research on some of those forums. Click on the Things to Do tab at each one to get more info. December is a busy month in south Florida. Some places will start to sell out especially in the Keys. I would book soon.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to go for a honeymoon

Why not come to India ? A incredibly fascinating destination offering some of the best locals for Honeymoon Holidays !! Afterall its a " Land of Colors, Festivities, History, Culture, Forts, Palaces, Mountains, Beaches,

Wildlife, Ancient Medical Sciences, Ayurveda, Yoga, Mysticism & Romance " -

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to go for a honeymoon

Marco Island will not let you down.

Reply to: Where to go for a honeymoon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted