We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some advice on Florida laws

Scarborough
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Some advice on Florida laws

I'm going to Florida with my boyfriend and his family in August. I'm 17 and he's 19. We live in the UK, where the age of consent for sexual contact is 16, and we're in a sexual relationship. We're quite used to having a lot of physical contact in public places but I've been reading up on Florida law and I'm very confused. I'm not too worried about what we do at the villa because his dad's not gonna want his son in jail, but exactly what is allowed in a public place? Can we kiss? If so, can we kiss with tongues? Or do we just have to stick to holding hands while we're outside? I don't want my boyfriend getting into trouble. Please help.

Kayleigh

PS And could someone please fix the censorship program on this forum. I can't put the word s.e.x in this post.

Naples, Fl
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some advice on Florida laws

Holding hands, hugs and a quick kiss (no tounge) are all acceptable, by the way there is no law on public dispays so long as it is not lewd, but if you are at Disney around kids use some common sense. What you do behind close doors no one on this forum should care about, so keep that private. (that part you could have left out)

Scarborough
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Some advice on Florida laws

Thanks very much. So basicly, nothing that I couldn't get away with in the UK if I was 15 and he was 17. That's been a great help.

Kayleigh

3. Re: Some advice on Florida laws

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 05:26