We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando, best time of year to go? (crowds & weather)

Swindon, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
Orlando, best time of year to go? (crowds & weather)

We have been considering going to florida for some years now and have finally decided to go, but we where wondering what time of year it is best to go taking into account the crowds and the weather? We dont mind the heat, but have heard that you can get alot of rain or hurricans at certain times of the year? and also the US school holidays differ from those in the Uk?

One other question, how long would you advise going for? we thought maybe 2 weeks Orlando and 1 week on the beach?

Thanx for your advice in advance xx

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando, best time of year to go? (crowds & weather)

By Orlando, if you mean the Theme Parks, it's better to post this in the Orlando or Kissimmee forums.

Two weeks going to the various attractions and 1 week on the beach sounds like a good general plan. Read the Orlando forum for ideas on how other people divided their time. Several of your fellow Brits have posted their detailed plan for their visit. Your actual plan would also depend on whether children are involved and how old they are.

For the beach, do you have any idea where you want to go?

Swindon, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando, best time of year to go? (crowds & weather)

Hi there and thanx for your advice on which forum to use, i am new here so didnt realise lol

we are only at the begining stages of planning as we are not able to go for another 2 years due to other commitments, but decided to plan as far in advance as possible. As far as a beach is concerned we have no idea as yet lol

thanx again, i will repost in the other forum too xx

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando, best time of year to go? (crowds & weather)

Weather is hot, humid and lots of thunderstorms ( although mainly short lived ) from July to end Sept.

Best weather and fewest number of people in early November

( cheap time too ). Mid to high 70`s with very little humidity and rain, few or no queues at parks.

Suggest avoid Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas as you won`t be able to move in the parks.

3 weeks is a good idea - 2 weeks in Orlando is still not enough time to do everything but at least that way you can have some "rest days" along the way rather than park every day, and then wind down for a week at the end.

For the week on the beach there are a number of options depending on wether you are looking for quiet or lively. Gulf coast offers the best beaches - Clearwater and St Petes are lively with lots of high rise hotels etc. Anna Maria, Captiva and Sanibel are much more laid back with few or no high rise buildings etc.

If you are prepared to put a bit of research in rather than just booking a package you can get better choice of accomodation, park ticket options etc and save yourself some money too.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando, best time of year to go? (crowds & weather)

Someone who works at Disney once told me one of the "deadest" days of the year at that park is on Super Bowl Sunday.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando, best time of year to go? (crowds & weather)

True, but that's only one day .... where do you thing the Superbowl crowds are heading for after game day ..... right ... mainly to Disney World. LOL. The weather is superb then.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orlando, best time of year to go? (crowds & weather)

I guess I take DW for granted. I would only want to go one day. LOL

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
293 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Orlando, best time of year to go? (crowds & weather)

Hi traceystuart.

We are going to WDW on the 1st Nov this year. Iv'e been told by many posters on this site and local experts that the first 2 weeks in November is one of hte best times to go.

1. It's cooler in the day and not gas mark 10 but still hot enough to go swimming and walk around in shorts.

2. The Parks aren't as crowded because the kid's are at school,in tha US and UK.

3.Don't think you need air conditioning on at night time (but local experts will put me right if i'm wrong) but you will need to have the pool heated for early morning swim's.

4. It's cheaper to go to Olando at that time of year.

5. You can buy all your Christmas pesent's in the Malls while your over there and save money.

If you go to the parks for 2 weeks you'll need the week rest on the beach to recover. The parks can hit you hard on the walking not to forget the eating.

Have fun i'm sure you will and welcome to TA you will make friends here and have a laugh.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Orlando, best time of year to go? (crowds & weather)

Now there's a thought ... go in November and get a few Christmas presents while you're shopping. Only problem is with the luggage restrictions these days, not much you can buy. Of course, they do say good things come in small packages. LOL.

9. Re: Orlando, best time of year to go? (crowds & weather)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 19:18