We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Augustine

Beautiful Dorset
Level Contributor
296 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
St Augustine

Hello - we will be visiting St Augustine in July 2008 - can anybody recommend things which we should not miss when we are there.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
77 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Augustine

I grew up in St. Augustine and there are many things I love about the town. Some of my favorite places to visit are the Castillo de San Marcos (the fort downtown), the lighthouse, Saint George St. My husband likes the Lightner Museum which is housed in one of Flagler's old hotels. It is easy to walk to most things downtown. They are doing bridge refurbishment on The Bridge of Lions, so that isn't as pretty as it normally is. If you aren't into history, the beaches are great(no big condos.) The state park beach near Surf Station is very nice. The World Golf Village is interesting, but that isn't where I'd pick to spend my time. There are some good outlet malls off of I95 at SR16 if you like to shop. Marineland is the original oceanarium and is on A1A south. It is no Sea World, but interesting. Downtown is my favorite and is where I take most people who come to visit. I am rambling now, but hope it helps!

2. Re: St Augustine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 04:18