We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too good to be true?

DETROIT
1 post
Save Topic
Too good to be true?

I was searching for a great deal on a vacation to Florida, when I saw this great deal from a company called Florida Passport. They had a deal that I couldnt refuse, it was good for the wife the two children and myself. It included the hotel accomodations for 5 nights and 6 days in Orlando and Fort Lauderdale Florida. The total price for the whole family was only 149 dollars. So I loaded up the van and off to Florida, the whole way there my wife was nagging "its gonna be a roach motel, watch it be in the worst part of town." I was telling her calm down, but in my head I was worried that it wasnt gonna be a scam. Well when we got there it was perfect, the wife was shocked the kids loved it because we were in the heart of Orlando, right next to all the attractions. I was so happy I took advantage of this deal and I suggest not to let this one slip by you. check it out. www.florida-passport.com

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Too good to be true?

PISTONSROCK

What you fail to mention is that your 'too good to be true' deal is a time-share gimmic....

What were the names of the lodgings you stayed at while in Prlando and Ft. Lauderdale ?

Are you associated with Florida Passport by chance ?

Your posting seems to 'smack' of an association since you left out information on the obligatory sales presentations attendance.

USA
Level Contributor
718 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Too good to be true?

Pistonrock:

I have to agree with Endeavour... Did you and your wife have to attend a "short" presentation on purchasing timeshare?

I believe this was offered in conjunction with Ramada Plaza Resorts?????

Summerland Key...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Too good to be true?

I reported the post. We've been invaded a lot recently by pitch.. people.

USA
Level Contributor
718 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Too good to be true?

Thanks IslandKitty... yes... it sounds like a "congratulations.. you've won..." type of thing...

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Too good to be true?

it's funny how you can tell genuine posts from those of salesmen and other scum. Pistons-whatever, you aren't fooling us.

By the way, the Spurs Rock!

Clearwater,Florida
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Too good to be true?

It is so obvious it is actually funny! I am picturing a person reading off cue cards really slow and monotoned.

Summerland Key...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Too good to be true?

Sadly, many of the hotel/restaurant reviews here sound much the same, which makes me more suspicious of glowingly positive reviews.

nowhere
Level Contributor
872 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Too good to be true?

I reported it as well. Let's hope its gone soon.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Too good to be true?

it's also funny how the poster has not defended himself....a dead giveaway.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Too good to be true?

There are some other 'give-aways'

PISTONROCK is a 'newbie' w/ 1 post...which I assume is this one.

If the Ft. Lauderdale hotel is the Ramada Plaza on S.R. 7 - the reveiws are less than favorable and it's located far from the beach in, shall we say, a less than desireable part of Broward County.