We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal Studios - Florida Vs Hollywood?

england
Level Contributor
270 posts
Save Topic
Universal Studios - Florida Vs Hollywood?

Has anyone been to both Universal parks? I visited the Florida park a few years ago. Going to be in LA this summer and trying to decide whether to visit this one as well

I'm after some information as to whether it's suficiently different or if the rides/shows etc are exactly the same? Would normally give it a miss but we are quite keen on doing the studio tour there

Coastal Life Charters & Adventures
Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching
Adventure Sailing Tours
Boat Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Tallahassee Segway Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Segway Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Night Tours
Cattywampus Eco Adventures
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Scuba & Snorkeling, Private Tours
Safety Harbor...
Level Contributor
59 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal Studios - Florida Vs Hollywood?

I live in the greater Orlando area and we have an annual pass. We go to both parks frequently and also enjoy City Walk as well. Universal is geared more towards the movies, and has some rides including the new Simpsons ride, Men in Black, my personal favorite: The Mummy, and Disaster. Universal also has some shows and is a little slower paced than Islands of Adventure. Added Bonus: Blue Man Group at City Walk - Great Show!

Islands of Adventure is geared towards rides, but does also have a few shows. The roller coasters The Hulk, The Dueling Dragons are always fun. Dr. Doom, Spiderman are fun as well. If you stay at one of the 3 Hotels on the property, Hard Rock, Royal Pacific, or Portofino, your room key is a front of the line pass. All 3 hotels are fantastic.

Evenings at City Walk are always fun as well. Both parks are different and enjoyable. With the pass, we are spoiled, and recommend 2 days: 1 for each park, with at least one night enjoying City Walk.

Hope this Helps,

ZJ

2. Re: Universal Studios - Florida Vs Hollywood?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 03:17