We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning trip Feb US where is the best weather???????????

west sussex
Level Contributor
122 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Planning trip Feb US where is the best weather???????????

Evening all sorry to be so vaugue, but need some help from the seonsoned usa travellers. Looking at planning our trip to America for my husbands birthday in feb 09 and wondered the best places to research in staying where the weather is hot. We love chilling on the beaches when we are away and my husband loves to surf ,so any ideas?

Normally in feb we go to Barbados but he fancies something different for his big 40 and fancies America.

It would be great if anyone could help me out.Taking ages putting places into the laptop and looking at temperatures etc .

thanks in advance

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning trip Feb US where is the best weather???????????

You will not go wrong with Marco Island for beaching it. There will not be any surfing though.

Marco Island is a great place to relax and enjoy the beach. There are great restaurants on the island. The Marco Island Marriott is a great place to kick back. Or, there are condos on the ocean that you can rent by the week. Further, there are even houses within walking distance to the beach that have their own pools and hot tubs. Each will offer its own Marco Island experience and all are good.

In addition to the beach and dining out, you can rent a boat, take a wave runner tour, go parasailing (my husband did this off of the Marco Island beach to celebrate the big 50), go on a fishing charter, go on a shelling charter, etc. Shelling on the island is great.

Ther is also shopping on the island and also close by. There is also golfing on the island and more close by.

To find a place to stay, go to www.vrbo.com. If I can be of further assistance, send me an email.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning trip Feb US where is the best weather???????????

For any surfing possibility, you will need to be on the Atlantic side, or the East coast. Gulf is just too flat. Feb will be cold. It will be warmer the farther South you go. Beaches aren't that big or great in the Keys. So East coast for surfing, South with beaches for warmth = Ft. Lauderdale Miami area. Plenty of restaurants and nightlife there also.

Naples, Fl
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning trip Feb US where is the best weather???????????

If you just like chillin' then Naples Marco Island or the Keys would be the best bet. In Febuary it can still be cold in February and sometimes the water temps can be in the 60's F, I can't swim in that cold of water. Surfing would need to be on the Atlantic side but evne that time of year the Atlantic ocean will be chilly. In addition that month is the most expensive and crowded time of year ( the weather is really nice)

florida
Level Contributor
296 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning trip Feb US where is the best weather???????????

Consider Cocoa Beach if your husband is into surfing. Days in the sun are warm and I lived here and still go to the beach in Feb.

Resort all have heated pools and jacuzzi's.

5. Re: Planning trip Feb US where is the best weather???????????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 01:17