We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay over end of December in FL?

ywi
Birkerod, Denmark
Level Contributor
45 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay over end of December in FL?

I could really use some advice on where to stay for about a week around New Years. We are travelling from NC and are looking for a house / large condo with a heated pool. I've been looking at WPB but not sure this the right fit - we are 2 tweens, 2 adults and 2 young seniors.

Any suggestions as to location and maybe even VRBO ideas, thanks

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay over end of December in FL?

I would try Marco Island. You can find condos to rent (inland or on the beach) or a house to rent (close to the beach or further away and most will have great kitchens/grills and private pool). As for the condos, a few of those that rent weekly are the Apollo, Somerset, Sea Winds, Esplanade). You can find all of these plus homes for rent on VRBO.

I have a 17, 14 and 11 year old. They like to fish. They also like the wave runner tours. You can rent a boat and take a boating tour ride. The kids also like fishing from the beach or from the canals if we rent a house. Our kids like to rent bikes or scooters. There are fun places to go out to eat.

It is a great family freindly island which offers something for everyone. There is also shopping on the island and there is a small outlet mall just off the island. If you are golfers, there is plenty of golfing in the area.

Mentioned in this post
Marco Island
Marco Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
2. Re: Where to stay over end of December in FL?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 00:19