We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday 2010!

south yorkhire
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
holiday 2010!

hello guys, we are thinking of trying to organise ahol to florida late august early september.

trouble is we are non drivers my husband although not in a wheelchair has walking difficulties.

we have four children 12, 13 15, 18 we thought it might save money to stay in a suite with free breakfast also not sure if id would be the best area as non drivers as we like a bit of culture and we heard it is very in your face.

not sure if we are staying for 2 weeks or a month,(if staying for a month would a year pass to the theme parks be better value) we would also love to go to sanibelto pick the shells everyone raves about any suggestions or help will be welcome thanks

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
4,351 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: holiday 2010!

hi,yeah i think it might save money staying in a suite saying that, most of the money you pay is for the flights and not the actual accomodation, its really cheap compared to other places you could visit.i think you would be ok if you stayed on i drive as that has the i trolley to hop on to, and if you want to go to the park you could hire a chair for your hubby, dont know about sanibelto.Theme park tickets, i think if you get a 2 week pass you can use it over a 30 period, not sure though look up allears.net and that will give give you more info. its shame no one drives as you could have hired a villa and that would have fitted you all in nicely. anything else let me know

Minnesota
Level Contributor
894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: holiday 2010!

What area of Florida are you thinking about staying; that is not clear in your post and you did pose your question on the general FLORIDA forum. I didn't understand the "in your face" comment, either.

My husband and I have been taking winter vacations to Florida for over 27 years, many times with our kids but not lately since they are grown and on their own. We stay in condos a lot but not always. Condos or apartments will give you cooking facilities. Many motel units will have a few apartments available. But they will only rent a one bedroom for four people (fire laws). Your family may require a two bedroom which are harder to find so you may want to check out a condo. You could find one easily through VRBO.com or even on eBay. I have done it on eBay three times. They have something called square deal verified so you can be assured that the person selling you the rental has the legal authority to do it (no bad surprise at check in time.)

You need to provide more details about what your family needs are, what location or locations you are looking at. Is it only theme parks you are interested in or history and some beach time? Shopping? Visiting relatives or friends? Your post doesn't clarify any of those details or expectations.

3. Re: holiday 2010!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 03:17