We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I need to amend my ESTA for a new trip?

Nottingham
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Do I need to amend my ESTA for a new trip?

Can you help me? I know the ESTA lasts for 2 years but I can't find any information as to whether or not you have to amend your ESTA with new details when taking a second trip. I remember the original application asked for flight numbers etc.

Many Thanks

Sharon

France
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I need to amend my ESTA for a new trip?

Yes you do have to update your ESTA, giving new flight details and any new addresses in the US. go to ESTA and click on update, it's very easy.

nottingham, UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I need to amend my ESTA for a new trip?

It isn't necessary to renew your ESTA or update the flight details at present. You can reapply or update YOU choose to.

For those who may doubt me, I have spoken to the US Embassy about this, & Virgin.

From the Virgin website:

Once granted, an ESTA authority is valid for 2 years (or less if the passport expires during this period). Before each new trip to the US, the passenger can update travel plans and contact details via the ESTA website, though this is not currently mandatory.

virgin-atlantic.com/en/…usvisa.jsp

3. Re: Do I need to amend my ESTA for a new trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2010, 06:18