We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

East coast by Orlando???

new jersey
Level Contributor
254 posts
1 review
Save Topic
East coast by Orlando???

My daughter has a dance performance at Disney at the end of June. My wife and I were thinking of going down and spending a couple of days at the parks with the kids(9&13) and then going over to the coast for a couple. What would be a good town with a room on the beach with fishing charters and diving in the area? Could you recomend a Hotel or condo? I would love to drive down to the Keys but we won't have enough time so I am looking to stay within 2 hours of Orlando.

Thanks for the info

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,900 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: East coast by Orlando???

Cocoa Beach / Port Canaveral will be your best bet for good beach and fishing charters. Not sure what you will find in dive boats in this area. Not sure if there are any who take charter dives. Post on the Cocoa beach forum or Canaveral forum for suggestions. We don't have great reefs here & you have to go aways off shore to get to what we do have. There are some fish to see, huge grouper, some snapper, etc. If you really want better diving head down to Jupiter / Palm Beach area. Keys of course would be best but it is quite a drive. Palm beach is about 3 hours from Orlando.

2. Re: East coast by Orlando???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2010, 06:17